Caching plugins recommended settings
If you are using a separate caching plugin e.g. W3 Total, WP Rocket or WP SuperCache you need to do a few adjustments to make sure MashShare is working as expected:
- Define a cache expiration time for your internal server cache
- Make sure this time is of higher value than the mashshare cache expiration e.g. Something between 1 – 24 hours would be great
When the server caching time is expiring, MashShare’s internal cache is also expiring and as a result the share count becomes updated.
W3 Total Cache Settings
If you are using W3 Total Cache these are the recommended settings when you are using MashShare:
- Use only the static page cache
- No Database or Object Cache
- Define a header cache expiration time between 1 – 12 hours.
If you decide to chose a higher cache expiration time your shares will not be incremented until that time.